Is there a difference between counselling and psychotherapy?
- Psychotherapy refers to a range of treatments that can help with mental health problems, emotional challenges, and some psychiatric disorders.
- Counseling refers to a process where a counsellor & counselee engage in finding solutions to a specific life problem that the counselee is facing and seeking a solution.
- Life coaching refers to methods of directing others to improve, develop, learn new skills, find personal success, achieve aims and to manage life changes and personal challenges. Coaching addresses attitudes, behaviours, and knowledge, skills, spiritual growth, etc.
What is Cyber Counselling/Therapy?
The global economy is expanding. In the past, most of our service providers were local businesses. Now, it is not uncommon to do business all over the country and the world because of electronic communication. Because of the expanding global economy distance coaching/therapy also known as “e-counselling” or “Cyber Counselling” is becoming more popular. E-mail counselling and online video counselling (Teleconferencing) brings the service to the individual. If you are considering this mode of counselling you need to know the advantages and the limitations.
Advantages of Cyber-Counselling
- Safer -- entering a counselling relationship is often a very courageous step for people - e-mail or online video phone counseling can make that step easier to take.
- Convenient – No spending additional time and money traveling back and forth to a counselor's office.
- Comfortable -- in the privacy of your home or office.
- Anonymity -- No worries about running into someone you know in the counselor's office.
- A perfect service of support for the disabled or elderly who have a physical or financial restriction that prevents them from attending an office visit.
Some persons may be more comfortable with and trusting of a coach/therapist physically present. It is not appropriate for those who have difficulty expressing themselves.
How confidential is Cyber-Counselling?
With encrypted internet transmissions, though the risk is small, it is not possible to guarantee 100% confidentiality.
How much is Cyber-Counselling?
The cost is the same as any of our services. Payment is assessed based on annual family income levels.
How do I pay for Cyber Counselling?
The first session is exploratory and therefore free. Subsequent sessions are paid through the Interact or Visa. Some clients have their company or insurance firms pay for services.
How do I make an appointment?
Call 613.770.2954 or email for an appointment.